First of all, a shout out to Mynxee for being the first person to comment on my adventures. She and Spectre3353 motivated me to start this project with their entertaining journals which I continue to follow.
Having grown tired of the RGDC Fighting Llama after only a few flights, I looked around the station to see what else I could play with. My eyes happened upon the recently acquired RGDC Prometheus, a Celestis class cruiser, sitting lonely in the corner. A very low-mileage vessel, the Prometheus had only ever flown from it's point of manufacture to our base in Allebin. The plan when it was purchased was to turn the ship into an electronic nightmare in space. I boarded the ship and took a look around. The plastic was still on the seats and there was paper towel covering the floor mats. I considered taking the ship to the nearest space McDonald's (over 99 trillion served) but I was already in my pajamas. Instead, I walked myself down to our equipment and weapon hangars to see what I could throw together that might combine for a nice fitting on the Prometheus.
Now, I'm not really the Electronic Warfare guy around the corporation but I've soldered a circuit board or two in my life and can find my way around a sensor jammer. I decided I would fit the Prometheus just the way I'd want it to be flown by someone assisting me in a battle. I spent about half an hour loading and unloading modules until everything was just right. No sooner had I patted myself on the back when the Corp channel started blinking. Daedus Aser (the real electronic warfare guy) was online. Like a proud kid with a macaroni picture to hang on the fridge I showed Daedus my fitting and told him to take the Prometheus out into space so we could blow things up. Daedus told me he couldn't equip my fitting. I expressed my displeasure and commented that maybe he wasn't the Electronic Warfare master I thought he was. His response was that hybrid railguns are not Electronic Warfare. A valid point. I figured screw the railguns anyway, I'll be bringing enough guns for both of us. Away we went.
I undocked in the freshly manufactured RGDC Wolf, a Thorax class cruiser. Daedus and I didn't really feel like running missions but wanted to do some killing so we decided to tour some asteroid belts and blow up whatever we found. We first headed to the Perckhevin system and warmed up with some Serpentis frigates (how I have a positive standing with them is beyond my comprehension). We then headed over to Haine to find some bigger targets and maybe a lonely miner or two. A few Serpentis destroyers and cruisers became space-dust but no miners. Just as my cargo hold filled to the brim with useless loot I noticed an unsavoury character appear in local. The individual in question had more skill points than Daedus and I combined and a security rating of -9.5. I'm not quite sure how he even got to Haine as it's surrounded by high-sec space. A jump clone maybe? Pod travel? Irregardless, we decided to call it a night and headed back to Allebin to reprocess our garbage loot.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
erm there is no such word as irregardless... it should just be "regardless" :)
The word exist in New Eden ^^
It's easy to criticise behind a wall of anonymity. And if we're picking apart each other's writing, 'erm' isn't a word. As well, you didn't capitalize the first letter of either of your sentences.
Post a Comment